Day 1 – Old Moses Camp
You leave Nairobi at 8.30am, transfer to Sirimon Park Gate (2660m) the base of your Mt. Kenya trail. Here you meet with guides / porters and start your climb at 10am. After a 3-hour walk with lunch on the way, you will head to Old Moses Camp (3300m) on the edge of the mountainous forest where you will spend the night.
Day 2 – Shiptons Camp
You leave the camp at 8.30am and continue your hike through the moorland characterized by many varieties of senecia and lobelia to Shiptons Camp (4200m). Lunch will be taken on the way. The 14km-hike takes about 6 hours. Overnight will be at Shiptons Camp just below the 3 majestic peaks – Batian, Nelion and Lenana.
Day 3- Peak Lenana
After an early morning breakfast at 4.00am, the trek leads via a steep scree to Simba Cole and on through rocky terrain to Point Lenana. After summit photos you will descend again to Simba Cole and continue to Mintos Hut (4200m). Here you have a lunch break, before passing along a ridge overlooking Gorge Valley and Lake Michaelson. In the late afternoon you will reach your destination for the day – a fly camp at the road head at 3300m.
Day 4 – Descent
You descend to Meru Mt. Kenya Bandas at 3000m. On your short 2-hour hike you may encounter buffalo, klippspringer, zebra and sometimes elephant. At the bandas 4×4 vehicles will be waiting to drive you through a dense bamboo forest on slippery roads to Chogoria. Here you will meet your driver, have lunch before biding the crew farewell and proceeding to Nairobi or your next destination.
Tour price Includes:-
– Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
– Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
– Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
– Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
– All park entrance fees to include government taxes
– Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
– Start and finish Nairobi
– Treated water on the trek
– Laundry, sleeping bags, beverages/Drinks, accommodation before the trek and climbing gears
– Hotel accommodations in Nairobi before and after the trek
– International flights
– Visas to Kenya
– Items of personal nature
– Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary